The business model of Itaú BBA International is structured as two business segments: Corporate & Investment Banking and Private Banking International.
(i) Corporate & Investment Banking
In this segment, Itaú BBA International focuses its activities in monitoring the spot - that is, from the respective decision-making - the European companies and American investments in Brazil and other Latin American countries where the Itaú Unibanco Group has a presence. This is a business model that is integrated with the strategy of Banco Itaú BBA S.A. (Itaú BBA) - subsidiary of Itaú Unibanco, considered by numerous publications as the largest and best wholesale bank in Brazil.
With the aim of establishing strategic, long-term relationships with a targeted group of companies, Itaú BBA International’s corporate and investment banking business provides a wide range of products specially developed to meet your needs, such as:
- General credit products, guarantees, commitments, etc. in bilateral format or in syndicate with other institutions;
- Derivative financial instruments, focusing especially on coverage of foreign exchange exposure and interest rate of subsidiaries in Latin America;
- Advice on procedures for investment / disinvestment in Latin America;
- Assistance in the hiring process, from the units of the Itaú Unibanco Group, local financing for its subsidiaries in Latin America;
- Assistance for products and services offered to its subsidiaries in Latin America (eg. cash management, FX, etc.);
- Development of intermediation (capital market), participating, for example, assembly and distribution of debt securities from European investors.
(ii) Private Banking International
Itaú Private Bank focuses on the business of providing financial advisory services and asset management for Latin American clients with high incomes, mainly from Brazil, providing them with a comprehensive, diversified and specialized banking products and services.
The international private banking segment is developed primarily through Banco Itaú Europa Luxembourg, S.A., Banco Itaú (Suisse) S.A., Banco Itaú Europa International, which operates Itaú Securities Inc. (USA), and BIE Bank & Trust Ltd. Bahamas.
Itaú BBA International does not develop any activity directly in the retail segment.